(Spoken a la “A dingo took my baby!” from the movie “A Cry In The Dark”)
According to this story on the Fox News web site, an unnamed 22 year-old Canadian tourist was nearly killed when a venomous katipo spider bit him on the penis.
The offending arachnid thought he had found a cozy home in our hero’s shorts which were left on the beach. But, after returning from a bracing skinny-dip in the surf, redonning his shorts and falling asleep, our boy awoke with a start!
Within minutes, the spider’s venom was causing him to have agonizing chest pains, a racing heart, high blood pressure and severe swelling to his penis.
I hate when that happens!
Our turgid Canadian recovered completely – after spending 16 days in the hospital. YIKES!
I doubt he’ll be cast as the next Smiling Bob on those Enzyte commercials – though I don’t doubt he could give Bob a run for his money in the junk department.